How much time does it take to set up Drew?
Installation of Drew and setting up your Blueprints takes only a few minutes:
- Download the trial version from here or purchase a license from our shop to receive a download link.
- Run the installer. The installation is really quick and simple. The only thing you might want to change is the installation folder, but the default folder works just fine.
- Start SOLIDWORKS. Drew has been added to the list of add-ins.
- Drew should be enabled by default.
- If you see no new tab at the right of your screen (see image below), go to Tools > Add-ins and enable Drew.
- You can always whether Drew should with start SOLIDWORKS via Tools > Add-ins.
- Activate your license: either by entering the license code your received after purchase, or by starting a trial.
- Go through the Welcome Wizard to create your Blueprints
Task pane icon:
Task pane when you haven’t created a license or settings yet:
Click Get Started to open the Welcome Wizard.