Lightning does not start
If you have installed Lightning, a Lightning toolbar should appear when you have an assembly open.
If you don’t see the Lightning toolbar pane in SOLIDWORKS, please check the following:
Enable the Lightning add-in
- Open the add-ins menu
- Enable Lightning. For some reason, SOLIDWORKS does not always enable newly installed add-ins.
When the add-in does not start (and the checkbox resets)
If you enable Lightning, close and open the add-ins window to find the Lightning checkbox unchecked, Lightning has failed to start. This usually happens because:
- You don’t have .NET Framework 4.8 installed.
- There is a conflict with another add-in. This can happen if you install multiple of our products, but we are very close to fixing this.
To check if there is a conflict with another add-in:
- Uncheck all add-ins in the Start Up column.
- Close SOLIDWORKS and start it back up.
- Enable Lightning in the list of Active Add-ins.