How to report a bug
Letting SOLIDWORKS crash as a user is pretty easy. As a developer, it is even easier.
We take a lot of care to catch bugs early when developing our software. That is why we collect and test a bunch of tricky models before releasing each update.
You can find a list of known issues and their workarounds here.
Reporting a bug
If you think you have found a bug, please report it to us. We are very thankful for every report because every bug fix makes the product better.
Report a bug from within Drew
We added a feedback form in Drew version 2.8 (July 2020), so you can send us feedback (not just bugs) directly from Drew.
Just hit the speech bubble in the task pane:
Then this window will pop up:
Report a bug via email
Send us an email at [email protected] and please include:
- Which SOLIDWORKS version you are using
- Which Drew version you are using (you can find this in Control panel, in the list of installed applications)
- Which language you use for SOLIDWORKS
- Which steps you take to reproduce the issue
- If possible: a model that causes the issue
Thank you for improving Drew.