Change the diameter of a fastener in one click
Changing the length or diameter superfast is one of Lightning’s coolest features.
How to change the diameter
To change to a bigger or smaller diameter, just:
- Select one or more fasteners
- Click Bigger diameter or Smaller diameter
Lightning searches your database, finds the next part or configuration and replaces the part or changes the configuration.
We never edit your fastener files
We will never edit your fastener files, unlike the Toolbox. The Toolbox just creates new configurations on the fly, which:
- Creates configurations that you cannot buy
- Marks existing assemblies as dirty because a part has changed, so you need to resave the assembly
- Makes a mess of your fastener library
To be able to change the diameter, the part you want to change needs to exist in your library and in the Lightning database. If you always work out of the same library folder, this will never be a problem.
All assembly components need to be loaded as Resolved, otherwise we cannot access parts of the model via the API. We are currently working to improve this.
How to change the length
Changing the length goes exactly the same way. See this article.