Sheet metal settings
All of these views can be completely customized to your company’s preferences.
Rotate flat pattern view
When a flat pattern is randomly rotated, it doesn’t have much use.
So Drew can rotate it automatically. You can choose if you want the long edge to become horizontal or vertical.
Your supplier will use a press brake to bend your flat patterns into the required shape. And because the press pushes down, the bends will point up.
So to make the life of the people on the shop floor easier, we built the Smart Flip feature.
When you enable Smart Flip, Drew will make sure the majority of bends will be upwards when you add a flat pattern.
(The dimensions aren’t really part of Smart Flip, by the way)
Flat pattern view options
You can find more info on the settings window here.
For every Blueprint, you have a bunch of options. Most options are available for two types of sheets:
Available options in the settings
- Display style
- Whether to add a flat pattern automatically to the first sheet when the model is a sheet metal part
- Add outer dimensions for the bounding box
- Add bend-to-bend dimensions
- Delete center marks
- Smart flip, so that most bends are up
- Hide bend lines
- Hide bend notes
- Show the bounding box
- Rotate the flat pattern view automatically so the long edge lays horizontal or vertical
- Preferred sheet corner